Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Caution: This is a wedding blog.

Well, it’s sort of a wedding blog. Since MJ and I recently decided to get officially hitched, I’m sure weddings will be all over my mind and will occupy a lot of this page. But, it’s also not exactly a wedding blog. I don’t want to write about weddings all the time for the next year because I think that would make me crazy. In fact, I’m counting on all of you to keep me accountable for not becoming (too) obsessed or starting to act like one of those engagement-induced fools – a la Bridezilla.

And, I won’t promise that everything I say about weddings and marriage will be all sweetness and light. I’m sure I’ll share some of the awesome things I find and how happy I am to be getting married, but I also have a lot of distrust for the “institution” of marriage and for the wedding industry (not to be confused with how excited I am to be getting hitched to this amazingly amazing person and have a big party with our friends and family). So, some of those things might sneak in, too.

Anyway, dear readers, welcome to our story. Thanks for being a part of it.

p.s. I have officially made two wedding-related purchases: a domain name for our future website and an Offbeat Bride (www.offbeatbride.com) t-shirt. AND I entered them into the wedding budget spreadsheet, which is pretty amazing if you know me. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment