Sunday, June 21, 2009

House keeping.

I've been admonished by my sister (a much more experienced and witty blogger, btw) to keep this blog current. So, I'm going to try. That's been hard this week, though, because:

1) The last two weeks have been really, really hectic at work. As you might guess, summer is a busy time in the outdoor recreation world, so I've been spending a lot of time outside in the crazy heat and getting significantly less sleep than I need. I've apparently been working enough to lose my voice, and I think I've fried a little brain, too.

2) The last two weeks have been really hectic in our personal lives! I had no idea that people I haven't heard from in YEARS would come out of the woodwork upon hearing that we're getting married. We've also been fielding a million calls and emails from friends and family who want to know all the details. I think we knew people would be excited, but we are truly overwhelmed. This, I think, is a good thing.

3) I don't really know what to write about! I've got a couple of ideas, but I wonder what you'd like to read about. Thoughts? Ideas? Leave a comment, and let me know!

Okay, so now that I've finished making excuses, I'll leave you with a little story about why MJ is so wonderful and why I've decided to keep this guy.

------------

This week has been pretty tough for me (see #1). I just got back from a week at the Bike Ride Across Georgia, and I had a week full of special events and pesky administrative work. I woke up at 4:30 AM on Saturday to go to Muddy Buddy, spent the day outside there, and spent the night working and playing at the annual Possum Show in East Point (which was amazing). Then I had to get up early today to work three events at the same time. By the time I got home tonight, I was about FALL OUT - for real.

MJ and I had plans to get some serious house cleaning done tonight, though, so I asked him to let me have a 30 minute nap. I fully intended to get up after 30 minutes and get to work, but I didn't wake up for more than three hours! I was pretty grateful to be let off the chore wagon (even though they really need to be done), but I didn't feel too guilty because I assumed MJ probably took the time to catch up on the internet or something. But NOPE.

While I indulged in a Sunday evening nap, MJ spent four hours scrubbing every surface in the kitchen AND cleaning out the pantry AND making a delicious dinner. THEN, he washed all the dishes and cleaned the top of the fridge and the cleaned microwave cart and organized the pet supplies. And for the absolute best part, he didn't even give me guilt trip about sleeping through the work! Instead, he said he was glad I got some rest.

Best.Guy.Ever.

I don't have a before picture, but just trust me when I say it was a HOT MESS. The newly cleaned pantry, though, is super organized with separate shelves for everything. I have promised to try and keep it that way. HeavenHelpUs.


2 comments:

  1. In the beginning....you helped me out with blogging topics so I'm returning the favor, no need to thank me.
    Is this blog hodge-podge of goodies? Make it a point to blog every night when you get home, or any other convenient time. But it's better to get obsessed and wean yourself off, I think. By the time people are tired of reading about you, you'll be tired of telling. (joke)
    Things I want to read about:
    1. Your sister, I hear she's pretty fab (yet another joke)
    2. Speaking of jokes, tell me some please
    3. The puppies
    4. Your house, since most of us haven’t seen anything other than your shelves now
    5. Deals at the sporting world (do we not refer to this place by name?)
    6. Neat gift giving ideas- because you always give the best

    Ok this should keep your blog busy for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shel! I'm sure most these things will make an appearance.

    p.s. The shelves are the only clean enough space in the house to post pictures of!

    ReplyDelete