Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This Good Life

Some days just feel like good days for no reason in particular, and today is one of those days. I figure I should just roll with the good day because, sometimes, a not-so-good day will roll around. Here are the things I’m grateful for, in a randomly generated (aka in my brain) order:

1) Babies and Friends. Last night, we took dinner over to our friends’ house to feed hard-working new parents and meet their new bambino. We had a lovely time, and it was really good to spend time with them because they are all three wonderful and amazing human beings. I also got to hold the little one for a long time, and (I won’t lie) that made me positively giddy.

2) Tasty homemade vegetarian food. As part of our general wellness plan and wedding prep (i.e. saving $ and shaping up), we are eating a lot more home-cooked healthy meals. Last night, I made vegetarian shepherd’s pie, a spinach salad, a raspberry clafouti, spicy summer vegetable soup, hummus wraps, and a carrot cucumber salad*. Tonight we’ll eat the soup and a Spanish zucchini torte. Nom nom nom.

3) Wedding possibilities! I actually have a call this afternoon with a potential wedding venue. I’m not going to talk about how excited I am about the possibility of throwing a party at this place because I have no idea if it’s actually a possibility or if it costs a million dollars. But you should check out The B Complex here.

4) A short work day! Because I’ve been working my pants off for the last couple of weeks, I have a short work day today. No further explanation of excitement needed!

* Clarification: Even though I cooked all of these things last night, we did not actually eat them all last night. We’ll be fed for 3 meals and will have plenty of soup to freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment